Updated April 29th, 2020
Dear Bright Field Church,
The governor’s current Shelter-In-Place order in Illinois has been extended until May 30th. Under this order, all non-essential activities have been cancelled. As a church, we want to follow the direction of professionals and government officials who are working diligently to protect our communities. Romans 13:1 tells us that we should be “subject to the governing authorities.” We at Bright Field Church have implemented ways to help and support you in following Jesus during this time. Here is our current plan:
Services & Small Groups
1. All Sunday services are suspended until further notice.
2. Sunday teachings will be made temporarily available on our website for those that attend Bright Field Church. If you are new to Bright Field and would like access to the teaching, please email Contact@brightfieldchurch.org for details.
3. All Small Group gatherings are suspended until further notice. Though unable to meet in person, our small groups have been successful in staying connected in other ways. Many small groups have utilized video chat apps like Zoom or Houseparty as a way to continue to have weekly meetups. If you are new to Bright Field and interested in getting involved in a small group, please visit our Small Group page for more information.
4. The Bright Field Church offices located at 203 E Locust St, DeKalb, IL will be closed until further notice.
1. If Bright Field Church is your church home, please be faithful and consistent in your tithes and offerings so that we are able to continue in the things Jesus has asked of us and, when this disruption is over, we are still able to move forward effectively.
2. Because we don’t have regular Sunday morning gatherings as a place to give tithes and offerings, you can continue giving your tithes and offerings by using a few different options:
- Bright Field has an online giving option (Clover) through the “giving” page on our website, or you can use this link directly: Clover Give
- We have set up an app-based giving option through Tithe.ly. If you choose to use this option, simply download the Tithe.ly app from the app store, search “Bright Field Church” in their list of participating churches, and enter your giving information.
- You can also mail your tithes and offerings to the Bright Field Church office at 203 E Locust St DeKalb, IL 60115.
Caring For Each Other
It is an important time to care for and encourage each other! The uncertainty puts all of us a little bit on edge, but we have great reason to trust Jesus and go forward with confidence. Praying together, talking on FaceTime, and texting are all ways for us to stay connected and give each other courage.
Jesus’ church is not fragile! Let’s do our best to not be afraid, to give one another courage, and to trust him as we walk this out. His promise “I am with you always, to the end of the age” in Matthew 28:20 is still true. And Romans 8:28, “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose,” encourages us that God is at work for our good even through difficult times. We believe that Bright Field Church will come out the other side of this stronger and full of faith and confidence in Jesus. He has given us a mission to help people know Jesus. Let us live out our faith and be a strength to those around us during this time.
One more thing…PRAY. Pray for each other, pray for our city, our country, and our world. The work he has given us is carried out through prayer. And prayer keeps us close to Jesus and keeps us from being anxious or afraid. “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:4-7).
We'll keep you up to date and inform you of any changes as they come.
Hope to see you soon,
Bright Field Church